Shape My City alumni interview: Feyi




NAME: Feyi

SHAPE MY CITY 

1) What did you enjoy most about the Shape My City Programme?
The thing I enjoyed most about Shape My City was the team activities that we got to participate in. By doing the activities, we were able to have a try and understanding of different types of jobs and careers.

2) What was the most beneficial element of taking part in the Shape My City programme?
I would say that the most beneficial element of Shape My City is meeting and engaging with the people that come to visit and give talks. They really helped me narrow down what career I wanted to do in the future and asking the questions really helped me understand more of what their joys entaled.

3) Would you recommend the Shape My City Programme to other 15-18 years olds? Why? 
I would definitely recommend Shape My City to others. Even if you are not sure what exactly you want to do in the future, having the experience and taking part in the activities at least  means that you have met architects and modeling makers and received advice from them in how to continue into the field.


ABOUT YOU 

4) What are you doing currently (eg. work, study, travel)?
I am currently a 6th former in my second year making me a year 13.

5) What to you hope to go on to do in the future?
I want to go into Landscape Architecture  in university and hopefully travel and be known for my work.

6) What motivates/inspires you to pursue a career in architecture/design/placemaking?
At first it was the way building looked and how they managed to hold themselves that first got me into architecture but it was after a session of Shape My City that I really wanted to pursue landscape architecture and then went into further research on my own. Landscape architecture really caught my eye because I was fascinated with how outdoor spaces could be changed and transformed into spaces that people could use and engage with.





ABOUT BRISTOL

7) What do you like most about Bristol as a city?
I like how Bristol, although big, is easy to move around in. All the small area are easy to reach from just one place (town centre), so if I ever needed to go somewhere far, I would go to the centre and easily catch a ride to where I need to be.

8) What is your favourite building/place in Bristol and why?
Bristol Temple Meads Station is probably my favourite building in Bristol strangely enough, the outside of it is very beautiful and historical seeing as it dates back to the 1800's and has since kept its look in some way.

9) What is your worst building / place in Bristol? (why?)
There isn't a place in specific to name but I would say the worst places in Bristol would be the space that are not being used and are instead just boarded up and left to grow overgrown plants. Surely they could be used for something better.

10) If you were Mayor of Bristol, how would you improve the city?
If I were Mayor of Bristol, I would convert the old spaces that are not being used in green or recreational area that would include benches just for people to sit and relax. The lack of green space in the city can be frustrating at times.






Comments