What people say about Shape My City



Shape My City is great experience/opportunity for young people, but don't take our word for it - here's what other people say about the programme:

Participants (young people):

'Shape My City has changed my life and I am grateful for the doors it has helped open for me and others.'

Every single session left me feeling inspired’.

'Taking part in Shape My City definitely strengthened my UCAS application and my chances of going to my preferred universities to study architecture.'

It made me more aware of our environments, their effect on our lives and the people behind them, which I never really give much more than a passing thought to previously’.

'A wonderful experience that has helped me see architecture/design from different perspectives and helped me to make my future career/study choices.' 

'I've loved each of the different workshops, so well organised, really friendly and inclusive. It is a great programme – thank you'.

Teachers:
'The programme is a really valuable experience for my students and every year I strongly encourage them to apply.' Year 12/13 Design Teacher 

Parents:
‘Thank you so much for giving my daughter this opportunity. She has enjoyed it enormously, and she knows for certain now that she wants to apply for a degree in Architecture, with a really good idea of what's involved and the huge variety of career paths she could take. It has been an invaluable experience for her’.

Mentors:
'I was inspired by the young people taking part in Shape My City. The programme does a great job of introducing a diversity of ideas and careers within the built environment to an audience that may not otherwise have access to this. I wish I’d had this opportunity when I was a teenager – it’s invaluable.' Landscape Architect Inspirer

Funders/stakeholders:
'A great example of quality work experience for our young people, recognising the significance of supporting diversity and equality in place making and opening up work experience opportunities to traditionally under-represented groups.' (former) Cabinet Member for Education and Skills, Bristol City Council

“The Architecture Centre has a record of supporting diversity and equality in placemaking,
delivering on the City’s ‘Bristol Works’ initiative to provide much-needed good quality work-related experiences.” Marvin Rees, Bristol Mayor

Like what you've read and want to get involved?





Comments