Don't miss out on this year's Shape My City programme

The deadline for Shape My City 2016 is fast approaching, so to encourage young people to apply, here's some positive feedback from our 2015 participants.


What did you enjoy most about the Shape My City 2015 programme?

'It's taught me a lot about all the different aspects of cities and I've really enjoying coming'.

'I enjoyed being talked to by people with great passion for their fields and what they do. I particularly enjoyed the architectural model making talk'.

'The chance to have a go at fulfilling a brief ourselves. Both in the short exercises each session and with the live build'.

'Seeing the variety of occupations linked with architecture and being in a creative, comfortable environment'.

'The session when Amalgam model makers came in was the most interesting as I have an interest in that sector and it was very enjoyable to listen and learn from their experiences'.

'There was a lot of different activities in the evening, there was always something happening, it was good'.

'Getting the opportunity to hear from so many different people about such a broad range of aspects of 'architecture''.



What did you find useful about taking part in the Shape My City 2015 programme?

'I got to meet a lot of new and interesting people who were able to secure me a very good work experience week that will definitely aid me in my further studies'.

'I found it useful to be able to respond to a design brief and then have constructive comments that would allow improvement in the future'.

'The different speakers showing you how many different ways a career in Architecture can lead'.

'Gave a real insight to what the different jobs included; which is useful if you don't know really what you want to do'.



What are your plans for the future? (study, career, travel)

'Studying Landscape architecture at Leeds'.

'Studying product design at university'.

'I plan to get a masters in civil or some other kind of engineering and then go on to get a job in that area either in the UK or maybe abroad'.

'Gap year then studying Economics, Arabic and French. Maybe go into urban planning after that'.

'I want to study architecture (after being informed by this programme particularly) after doing an art foundation year'.

























Find out more and download an application form here.

Deadlines for applications 1 March, places limited.

Comments